Here is our Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours-related wish list for 2020.
This wish list is meant to bring some peace, quiet and health back to many Queenston residents.
Dumfries Street in Queenston is overrun with buses taking patrons to Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours. There are between 60 and 80 bus movements per day, seven days a week for many months. The season is now six months long, May to October.
Communication with the company, Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours, is not easy, therefore this is a public wish list.
1. Replace the old, noisy, sooty buses with quieter, cleaner and more appropriately sized ones, as discussed among Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours, Lord Mayor Betty Disero and the town’s interim CAO.
2. Work toward a plan to keep all coach tour buses out of the village. Please find another place on the Niagara River for them.
3. Don’t run the shuttle buses empty and why run a full-size bus for only a few passengers at a time.
4. Drive all buses at a maximum speed of 30 km/h through the village. This is necessary in order to be safe while driving around as there are no sidewalks for (dog) walkers, children, gardeners and residents.
5. Please stop driving after 5 p.m. We are not a tourist village with stores or attractions open after 5 p.m. There is no associated benefit from the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours to Queenston. No taxes are paid nor do local businesses benefit from them. Therefore please, give us peace and quiet hours after 5 p.m.
We hope that most of these wishes will come true this year.
Adrian Schoot Uiterkamp
“The Dumfries Group”