The Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum’s popular Historic District walking tours are returning.
The guided walks will take place every Saturday and Sunday from June to September, starting the weekend of June 4.
The tours begin at 11 a.m. and meet near the gazebo in Queen’s Royal Park, at the bottom of King Street overlooking Lake Ontario.
Walks usually last between an hour and 90 minutes – and they end at the NOTL Museum, 43 Castlereagh St. Cost is $10 and includes museum admission.
In the Heritage District there is something to learn at every street corner about the people, events and architecture that make up the history of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Walks are accessible and friends, visitors and neighbours are encouraged to enjoy the beauty of NOTL, while learning a little more about Niagara and Canada’s history.
June 4 is also Janet Carnochan Day and each year the NOTL Museum commemorates this grand lady of the town with free admission to the museum.
In 1895, Carnochan was the force behind the formation of the Niagara Historical Society. Her passion enabled the preservation of significant Niagara and Canadian historical records and artifacts, now in the care of the society.
Without her, much local history would never have been documented, and the NOTL Museum may never have been built.
Join the museum’s tour guides, rain or shine, for a stroll through history. There is no need to register, just meet at the gazebo at 11 a.m., Saturday and Sunday mornings, June through September.
For more information call the museum at 905-468-3912, or check notlmuseum.ca.