A class photo outside the Niagara High School, now part of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum complex on Castlereagh Street. The school structure was built in 1875 but was closed in the 1940s when it could no longer meet the needs of growing class sizes. The Niagara District Secondary School on Niagara Stone Road was built soon after. Janet Carnochan, former teacher, principal and infamous NOTL historian, is featured in the centre wearing a black floral blouse. Note the two mischievous boys goofing around in the back right of the image. Good luck to all parents sending their kids off to school or homeschooling this month. Don’t forget to capture this moment in history with a few photographs.