Niagara-on-the-Lake lends itself to Christmas and generally I hope that we have all enjoyed the time with each other to celebrate, catch up and reflect.
It is a joyous time.
What was a joyous occasion in my family turned to anger and sadness.
Firstly, we heard of the heartless abandonment of young puppies at the water’s edge of the Parkway in Niagara Falls and then we learned of dear friends who live in Old Town having to deal with their beloved dog (well-known to those in the area), being poisoned by eating marijuana castoffs consumed on her daily walk.
This is not a minor thing and has entailed three emergency veterinary visits with symptoms still persisting.
Marijuana is legal, but if you smoke or consume edibles, please dispose of the remains in a responsible way.
Christmas has not been so joyous for this family.