This Christmas card of Queen Street shows former businesses Monika’s Coffees and the Greenbacks store. The former Customs House, c. 1825, is on the right. The Customs House was where the paperwork for imports and exports was filled out as well as where tariffs and duties were paid. Probably the most famous of the customs collectors was author William Kirby, whose home still exists on Front Street nearby. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the team at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum.