Here is beautiful pencil drawing, coloured with watercolour, that was created by a fomer local artist Francis H. Granger. It portrays the foot of King Street in 1856. The buildings in the drawing (from left) include: the Gleaner Newspaper printing ooffice, the Guard House, William Elliot’s house (also known as the Whale Inn), and residences owned by J. Dugdale. Fort Niagara can be seen across the Niagara River. The only buildings that still exist today are the Whale Inn and Fort Niagara.