St. Catharines is looking for volunteers to help clean up the city April 21.
The Clean City Advisory Committee and other volunteers will help pick up litter and garbage at parks and public spaces across the city as part of the city’s “Pitch-In Day Clean City Clean Up.”
Areas that will be focused on are: the QEW off-ramps on both Lake and Ontario Streets; the former Fairview Golf Course; and Roehampton Park/CNR Spur Line.
For the off-ramp cleans, no children under the age of 12 will be welcome.
Volunteers can also help clean up their own neighbourhoods or favourite parks.
Residents can phone the city at 905.688.5601 ext. 1630 to register, or let somebody know what site they’ll be cleaning up so the city can arrange to pick up the trash.
The city will also provide gloves and garbage bags to registered volunteers.
Supplies can be picked up from the following locations:
- Seymour-Hannah Sports and Entertainment Centre – 240 St. Paul St. W.
- St. Catharines City Hall – 50 Church St.
- St. Catharines Kiwanis Aquatics Centre – 425 Carlton St.
Meeting spots for the cleans are listed below:
- QEW at Lake St. — Best Western Plus parking lot at 2 North Service Rd.
- QEW at Ontario St. — Henley Square plaza parking lot at 395 Ontario St.
- Former Fairview Golf Course — Pet Smart parking lot (40 YMCA Dr.)
- Roehampton Park/CNR Spur Line — Parking lot at 55 Roehampton Ave.
WHAT: Pitch-In Day Clean City Clean Up
WHERE: Locations around St. Catharines
WHEN: Saturday, April 21, 9 a.m. to noon.
Rain or shine.