The city of Niagara Falls’ Sleep Cheap Charities Reap event reached a new milestone in 2017, raising $140,373 to benefit local charitable groups.
The event, along with the WonderFalls Pass, sees Niagara Falls hotels and attractions offer discounted rates to Niagara residents so they can enjoy what the city has to offer for less than tourist prices, all while benefitting local charities.
Since its inception in 2004, Sleep Cheap has raised $1,874,042, according to a city media release.
Additionally, WonderFalls Pass sales totalled $30,42, which will be transferred to a special purpose reserve to be used to improve parks and playgrounds in Niagara Falls.
Since it was launched in 2015, the WonderFalls Pass has raised $69,750.
For the 2017 event, the recipient Sleep Cheap charities are as follows, including a book donation to all graduating high school students in Niagara Falls:
- Boys & Girls Club of Niagara
- Code Niagara
- Family and Children's Services Niagara Foundation
- Katie Marie Campbell Fund
- Meals on Wheels Niagara Falls
- Niagara Children's Centre
- Niagara Falls Community Cats
- Niagara Falls Community Outreach
- One Foundation for Niagara Health System
- ProAction Cops & Kids
- Project Share
- St. Vincent De Paul Society
- Women's Place of South Niagara