Of the Top 10 highest salaried positions in Ontario’s public sector in 2017, three were held by Ontario Power Generation employees, including the highest paid position.
OPG president and chief executive officer Jeffrey Lyash sat at the top, earning $1,554,456.95, while OPG Nuclear president and chief nuclear officer Glenn Jager earned $858,445.43 and OPG senior vice president of business and administration services Scott Martin earned $739,854.78. Each also received plus taxable benefits in the amounts of $6,864.00, $4,953.60 and $2,434.00, respectively.
The Sunshine List Top 10 is as follows (Totals include taxable benefits. Changes compared to 2016):
- Jeffrey Lyash, Ontario Power Generation — $1,561,320.95 (+ 33.94 per cent)
- Daren Smith, University of Toronto — $936,537.62 (+ 82.66 per cent)
- Glenn Jager, Ontario Power Generation — $863,399.03 (+ 3.09 per cent increase)
- Peter Pisters, University Health Network — $791,457.66 (- 4.84 per cent)
- Bruce Campbell, Independent Electricity System Operator — $750,118.15 (No change)
- Mark Fuller, Ontario Pension Board — $745,893.97 (+ 11.21 per cent)
- Catherine Zahn, Centre For Addiction And Mental Health — $745,268.93 (+ 0.17 per cent)
- Barry Mclellan, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre — $743,875.31 (- 2.69 per cent)
- Scott Martin, Ontario Power Generation — $742,288.78 (+ 71.13 per cent)
- Michael Apkon, The Hospital For Sick Children — $740,280.68 (+ 4.18 per cent)