In the words of Neil Buchanan, “this is an art attack.”
Maybe several — or at least that’s the goal.
The city of Niagara Falls is calling all local artists to participate in the Niagara Falls Art Show at the Victoria Avenue Public Library from Mar. 29 to Apr. 28.
The competition is open to Niagara Falls residents of all ages and there is no registration fee, though interested participants must register online in advance.
Registration will close Mar. 27, two days before the show.
An exhibition of submitted artwork will be revealed at the library on Mar. 31 and will remain on display the whole month of April, open to the public during regular library hours.
Awards will be given to the best artists in multiple categories, which include: best in show, mayor’s choice, people’s choice, and the youth award for students from 11 to 18-years-old.
Awards include cash prize, engraved plaques and trophies.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award will take place at the museum during April.
A public presentation of the awards will take place on Apr. 28 at 1 p.m. in the LaMarsh Room in the library.
The show is open to any form of artwork, so long is it matches entry conditions.
Terms and conditions of entry are:
- Each artist may only submit one work of art to the contest.
- Artwork must be original and have been completed within the last 12 months.
- Artwork must be ready to hang.
- Artwork must fit through a standard height door, no larger than 36” x 96” (91 cm x 2.4 m).
- Artwork must be labeled clearly on the back or underside (for blind judging purposes) with the artist’s name, age, and phone number. All works will be labeled at intake.
- Artists must register for the art contest and artists under 18 years of age require a parent/guardian’s signature.
- Art must be delivered to the Niagara Falls Public Library, Victoria Branch, in the LaMarsh Room between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Mar. 29.
- Art must be picked up by 3 p.m. on Apr. 28. Any artwork remaining after April 28 will become the property of the city of Niagara Falls. All works must be signed out before they are taken home.
- No consumable materials will be used in the manufacture of any artwork.
- Winners’ names and photos may be published in the local media.
- Winner’s artwork will be requested to be on display at City Hall.
- The city of Niagara Falls assures that reasonable care will be taken in the handling of all artwork, but does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
- All art must be delivered to the library on Mar. 29, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
To register visit, survey.niagarafalls.ca/s/niafallsartshow.